(Stafford Springs, CT)—With over $27,000 in purse money on the line for the 3rd Annual NAPA SK 5k at Stafford Speedway on July 8th, the total posted awards just received a boost with the announcement that Doug Dunleavy of Dunleavy’s Truck & Trailer Repair will once again match the Gambler’s Challenge total that is raised by drivers.
The way the Gamble’s Challenge works is each driver can contribute $100 to a prize pot. Dunleavy will match whatever the total amount the SK Modified® drivers raise. If 25 drivers each contribute $100, the prize pot will be $2,500 with Dunleavy kicking in an additional $2,500 for a total prize pot of $5,000.
“I’m pumped up about this race!” exclaimed Dunleavy. “It’s one of my favorite races of the season and with all the money on the line it should be really exciting for both fans and drivers. I can’t wait for the race to get here.”
With Dunleavy’s contribution, the total posted awards for the NAPA SK 5k could swell to over $32,000 with purse and contingency money. Last year’s NAPA SK 5k saw John Rayner from Rayner Real Estate put up $2,500 to match Dunleavy’s $2,500 for a total Gambler’s Challenge prize pot of $7,500 and Dunleavy is hopeful that someone will once again match his total for this year’s edition of the NAPA SK 5k.
“With all the money on the line, I don’t know why more drivers don’t come to Stafford to race for a piece of the pie,” said Dunleavy. “This is a great race and I’m hoping that we can get another company or even a race fan to match my contribution and we can really have a big bonus up for grabs.”
The way the Gambler’s Challenge will be distributed is anyone’s guess. As part of the NAPA SK 5k Fan Vote, there are 10 choices that fans can vote on as to how the bonus will be distributed. Fans can place votes right up until the afternoon of the race on July 8th and the top-3 choices will be placed in a hat and the race winner will pull a choice out of the hat in NAPA Victory Lane to see how the bonus will be distributed. Last year saw NAPA SK 5k champion Ryan Preece pull out the winner takes all choice, giving himself a payday of over $12,000.
The choices for the Gambler’s Challenge Presented by Dunleavy’s Truck and Trailer Repair is as follows:
- Winner – $5,000 in bonus money to the winner
- Top 3 finishers – $1,666 to each of the top 3 finishers
- Top 5 Finishers – $1,000 to each of the top 5 finishers
- Finishers 6 to 10 – $1,000 to the 6th through 10th place finishers
- Finishers 11 to 20 – $500 to the 11th to 20th place finishers
- Random Selection – $5,000 awarded to a randomly selected finishing position at the conclusion of the race, winner will select a finishing position out of a hat
- Two Random Selections – $2,500 awarded to two randomly selected finishing positions at the conclusion of the race, winner will select two finishing position out of a hat
- Most Laps Lead – $5,000 to whoever leads the most laps
- Last 3 Finishers – $1,666 to each of last 3 finishing positions
- Half to the Winner, Half to the Remaining Top 5 Finishers – $2,500 to the winner, 2nd to 5th finishers each receive $500
Fans can vote once per day on www.staffordspeedway.com for the race distance, how the starting grid will be determined, and how the Gambler’s Challenge bonus will be distributed. Fans are encouraged to log on and vote once per day leading up to the race to be part of the biggest event of the 2016 season.
For more information, contact the Stafford Motor Speedway track office at 860-684-2783 or visit us on the web at www.staffordspeedway.com.