(Stafford Springs, CT)—Voting for the 2015 NAPA Auto Parts SK 5k will kick off this Friday May 15th online at StaffordSpeedway.com and continue through the day of the event on July 10th. The 2014 edition proved to be one of the most exciting races in the history of the half-mile. The 2015 NAPA SK 5k will see the addition of the NAPA SK 5k Bonus presented by Dunleavy Truck and Trailer Repair.
“The NAPA SK 5k Bonus is an exciting edition to the 2015 race,” explains Stafford COO Mark Arute. “Driver’s will have the chance to enter the Gambler’s Challenge by paying a $100 fee, 100% of the money collected will be allocated to the bonus and in addition Doug Dunleavy of Dunleavy Truck and Trailer has stepped up to match dollar for dollar whatever the drivers throw in.”
Starting this Friday, May 15th, fans will have the opportunity to vote on how they would like to see the NAPA SK 5k Bonus awarded. Voting will close on July 10th, the day of the NAPA SK 5k, and the top 3 bonus options in the polling will be in play for the race. At the conclusion of the NAPA SK 5k the winner will randomly draw one of the 3 bonuses to determine how the money will be awarded.
“We are excited to get the fan voting going for this year’s race,” said Assistant GM David Arute, “I sure have my favorite choices for the NAPA SK 5k Bonus presented by Dunleavy Truck and Trailer Repair, I hope our fans are as excited as we are for the 5k. ”
Drivers have already begun to enter the Gambler’s Challenge, defending SK 5k Champion Rowan Pennink entered the challenge last week.
Voting will open on StaffordSpeedway.com this Friday May 15th by clicking on the NAPA SK 5k logo on the Stafford Speedway homepage. Fans are allowed one vote per day up until July 10th, the day of the NAPA SK 5k.
2015 NAPA SK 5k Ballot
- 50 Laps
- 80 Laps
- 100 Laps
Starting Order Invert from Qualifying
- Invert the top 5
- Invert the top 10
- Invert the top 15
- Start em’ heads up (no invert)
NAPA SK 5k Bonus
Presented by Dunleavy Truck & Trailer Repair
Explanations based on 25 drivers entering the Gambler’s Challenge
25 drivers at $100 = $2,500
Dunleavy Truck & Trailer Match = $2,500
– $5,000 in bonus money to the winner
2) Top-3 finishers
– $1,666 to each of the top 3 finishers
3) Top-5 Finishers
– $1,000 to each of the top 5 finishers
4) Finishers 6 to 10
– $1000 to the 6th through 10th place finishers
5) Finishers 11 to 20
– $500 to the 11th to 20th place finishers
6) Random Selection
– $5,000 awarded to a randomly selected finishing position at the conclusion of the race, winner will select a finishing position out of a hat
7) Two Random Selections
– $2,500 awarded to two randomly selected finishing positions at the conclusion of the race, winner will select two finishing position out of a hat
8) Most Laps Lead
– $5,000 to whoever leads the most laps
9) Halfway Leader
– $5,000 to the halfway leader
10) Half to the Winner, Half to the Remaining Top 5 Finishers
– $2,500 to the winner, 2nd to 5th finishers each receive $625
Note: Top 3 selections will be placed into a random draw to be held at the conclusion of the NAPA SK 5k.
For more information, contact the Stafford Motor Speedway track office at 860-684-2783 or visit us on the web at www.staffordspeedway.com.