(Stafford Springs, CT)—Only two drivers know how it feels to win the NAPA Auto Parts SK 5K. Ryan Preece and Rowan Pennink have both won the big one and both will tell you that it is a win they will never forget. In just two short years the NAPA Auto Parts SK 5K has grown from just an idea into the biggest SK Modified® race in the country with big pay outs throughout the entire field as well as the X factor, the NAPA Auto Parts Fan Vote.
For the third year in a row, fans will control the destiny of the event voting on laps, qualifying procedure, and the all important how the Gambler’s Challenge Bonus will be distributed. Fans will be able to cast votes until the afternoon of the event on July 8th.
Last week’s winner Eric Berndt and arguably one of the hottest modified drivers in the region enjoys the fan involvement. “Anything to get the fans involved and get more butts in seats is great for everyone,” explains Berndt. “I think having the fans vote is a great idea and adds a lot of fun to the race.”
The fan vote is just one piece of the NAPA Auto Parts SK 5k. What the drivers love is the big money racing. The NAPA SK 5K purse is the largest SK Modified purse in all of SK Modified® racing with a total payout of over $27,000 including $5,000 to the winner.
“Big money” is how 2015 winner Ryan Preece describes the NAPA SK 5K. The race lived up to the hype for Preece last season in which after an incredible drive from the back, he notched a $12,500 payday including $5,000 in purse money plus an additional payout through the Gambler’s Challenge.
The stacked SK Modified® field will have two more weekly events leading up to the NAPA SK 5K, scheduled for Friday July 8th. Fans will have until that afternoon to cast their vote for the big one, the NAPA Auto Parts SK 5K.
NAPA Auto Parts SK 5K Fan Vote
- 45 Laps
- 50 Laps
- 75 Laps
- 100 Laps
How should the starting lineup be determined for the SK 5k?
- Invert the top-5 from Qualifying
- Invert the top-10 from Qualifying
- Invert the top-15 from Qualifying
- Standard Weekly Stafford Handicapping
How Should the NAPA SK 5k Gambler’s Challenge Bonus be Presented?
- Winner – $2,500 in bonus money to the winner
- Top 3 finishers – $833 to each of the top 3 finishers
- Top 5 Finishers – $500 to each of the top 5 finishers
- Finishers 6 to 10 – $500 to the 6th through 10th place finishers
- Finishers 11 to 20 – $250 to the 11th to 20th place finishers
- Random Selection – $2,500 awarded to a randomly selected finishing position at the conclusion of the race, winner will select a finishing position out of a hat
- Two Random Selections – $1,250 awarded to two randomly selected finishing positions at the conclusion of the race, winner will select two finishing position out of a hat
- Most Laps Lead – $2,500 to whoever leads the most laps
- Last 3 Finishers – $833 to each of last 3 finishing positions
- Half to the Winner, Half to the Remaining Top 5 Finishers – $1,250 to the winner, 2nd to 5th finishers each receive $312.50
Note: Top 3 selections will be placed into a random draw to be held at the conclusion of the NAPA SK 5k
For more information, contact the Stafford Motor Speedway track office at 860-684-2783 or visit us on the web at www.staffordspeedway.com.