Stafford Speedway Media Policy for the foreseeable future
General Media – Day of Event
Press Box access will be restricted to Stafford Speedway employees only.
- The Stafford Speedway PR Director will be responsible for monitoring press box access.
- There will be no infield or pit road access.
- In-person interviews will be conducted at a designated outdoor area near the Tech Inspection Area. Protective masks shall be worn when conducting interviews. Social distancing of 6’ shall be in force.
- If you would like to be added to the group press release distribution list, please contact Scott Running at firstname.lastname@example.org. Press releases will be sent via email to the distribution list.
- The App RaceMonitor is accessible for live timing and scoring on days of events.
- Post-race results and race reports will be posted to staffordspeedway.com following the event.
- Stafford Speedway will distribute post race video interviews with the top 3 finishers on Social Media following the event.
- Stafford Speedway has approved 3 photographers for infield access for race day events.
- There will be no other photography access until health restrictions are lifted.
- Stafford Speedway realizes these guidelines are not ideal and we await the day when we can return to the media access to which you have become accustomed. Until that time, we appreciate your coverage and your patience. Stafford Speedway will reassess the guidelines on a continual basis and develop the safest and most fair practice that provides our fans, competitors, and media a safe and enjoyable experience.
When applying for credentials to a Stafford Motor Speedway event, please provide examples of coverage from Stafford events.
STAFFORD MOTOR SPEEDWAY ACCEPTS CREDENTIAL REQUESTS FROM:
- Accredited Print Reporters & Photographers
- Accredited Internet Reporters
- Accredited Radio Reporters
- Accredited Television Reporters and Camera Operators
- Sanctioning Body Public Relations Representatives
- Accepted Credential Requests are Non-Transferable
MEDIA & PUBLIC RELATIONS REPRESENTATIVES GUIDELINES
Media & Public Relations Representatives must be:
- Bona-fide employees of the assigning media outlet or sanctioning body
- Currently covered under the Workman’s Compensation policy of the assigning media outlet or sanctioning body
- 18 years of age or older
Credential requests must be:
- E-Mailed on a company/organization letterhead email@example.com
- Submitted by a publisher, station manager, editor, or other executive
- Received prior to the credential request deadline.
- Touring and Special Event Date (NWMT/VMRS) credential requests need to be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to the race date.
- Regular Friday Night credential request need to be submitted at least 1 week prior to the race date.
Media Members and Public Relations Representatives with the appropriate Sanctioning Body Annual Credential may submit their own requests.
Media outlets and sanctioning bodies may request multiple events and representatives.
Publications should specify whether they need reporter or photographer access when requesting credentials. Requests will be evaluated on an individual basis.
CREDENTIAL PICK-UP REQUIREMENTS
- Media Credentials can be picked up at the VIP Sign-In Booth, which is located on the right-hand side of the Speedway property just before heading into the main parking area
- A valid PHOTO ID must be presented for verification
- No one under the age of 18 years old will be credentialed by Stafford Motor Speedway for entry into the Infield or Paddock Areas
- A waiver must be signed before credentials can be issued.
- Public Relations Representatives must adhere to Stafford Motor Speedway and Sanctioning Body Garage Safety Rules and Regulations
- Proper attire is required
- No tank or crop tops
- No open-toed shoes or sandals
- No shorts, skirts, dresses, capris or gauchos
- Shoulders, midriff, legs, and ankles must be covered
- Stafford Motor Speedway may determine, in the best interest of the sport, that certain attire is unsuitable.